AGEAN Public Relations Fellowship
Award: $2,500 scholarship + five-week paid internship with AGEAN Public Relations
Established in 2023, the AGEAN Public Relations Fellowship will award one BIPOC identified student annually who is pursuing a career in public relations. This fellowship will annually award one student with a $2,500 scholarship and a paid five-week internship with AGEAN Public Relations.
Judges will be looking for applicants who meet the following criteria:
- A registered full-time undergraduate student at an accredited college or university.
- A rising junior or senior.
- BIPOC identified.
- Pursuing a major in public relations, marketing & communications, English, digital marketing & design, journalism, or public policy.
- A GPA of 2.5 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Technologically equipped for the fellowship and have their own laptop.
- Authorized to work in the United States, have a state-issued ID and second form of identification for hourly work.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are clearly and actively pursuing a public relations career and they are demonstrating that interest through their academic work or extra-curricular activities.
- Preference will be given to rising seniors, but it’s not exclusively open to them.
- A resume.
- A personal statement of up to 250 words, including some or all of the following:
- What are your career goals, how would this experience serve you, and what do you seek to gain from this experience?
- What do you love about PR or what are you curious about regarding PR as a career or as a marketing discipline?
This scholarship is funded by AGEAN Public Relations.
About AGEAN Public Relations
AGEAN specializes in brand-building PR. It was founded in 2020 by award-winning PR industry leader, Alyssa Garnick, when she saw a need for big brands to find high-quality project work for high-stakes assignments and to get big agency-caliber work for less. Agean does brand-building PR for consumer brands, products and companies and they work across all categories from health to tech, retail to real estate, travel and food. They marry creativity with strategy at all times and use an earned-media lens to create programs for brands that drive positive reputation by generating press coverage, conversation and commerce. They are based in New York and have team members across the U.S. www.ageanpr.com Instagram:@ageanpr
Applications Open: January 31, 2023
Application Deadline: March 17, 2023