David Imre Scholarship
2023 Award: $2,000 scholarship + $500 stipend + admission to all PRSA Maryland Chapter events during the 2023-2024 academic year
This scholarship, established in 2023 by David Imre, awards rising juniors and seniors in the state of Maryland who are PRSSA members for their public relations experience, commitment to inclusive environments, and mentoring capabilities. This annual award includes a $2,000 scholarship, a $500 stipend for educational expenses, and admission to all PRSA Maryland Chapter events during the awardee’s academic year, including the PRSA Maryland Best in Maryland Celebration.
“The local Maryland chapter and national PRSA have been central to my career success,” said Imre. “Both life-long friendships as well as the foundation of my business were built on PRSA relationships. These scholarships are my way of giving back to a profession that has given so much to me.”
- A registered full-time undergraduate student at a four-year accredited college or university in Maryland.
- A rising junior or senior.
- A GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale.
- Declared a major in public relations, communications, journalism, or related fields.
- Seeking a public relations or related career.
- A member of PRSSA in good standing.
- Must have some public relations experience through PRSSA Chapter work, volunteering,
internship, and/or employment.
- A resume including academic honors, PRSSA Chapter work, special projects, activities,
and work experience.
- A nomination letter by someone other than the nominee who has first-hand knowledge of
the student’s mentoring capabilities and examples.
- Up to two additional letters of support for the nominee may be provided.
- Current academic transcript.
- Essay of 1,000 words or less in English describing applicant’s interest in public relations
(or related career) and showing their current and future commitment to inclusive environments, encouraging different perspectives, empathy, and respect
Application Deadline: June 11, 2023