Award: $15,000 scholarship + $4,000 stipend + eight-week paid internship with LaunchSquad
Established in 2023, the LaunchSquad Fellowship will award one BIPOC identified student annually who is pursuing a career in journalism, public relations, marketing & communications. This fellowship will annually award one student with a $15,000 scholarship, a $4,000 stipend, and a paid eight-week internship with LaunchSquad.
LaunchSquad is an independent public relations, story development, and creative agency. Our team is curious, diverse, kind, and relentless. We partner seamlessly with change-the-world companies—crafting and executing integrated, strategic communications programs that achieve measurable business results. We are a people-first company committed to making sure everyone has a great experience and an equal opportunity to grow and succeed.
"It's critical that agencies put real investment behind diversifying the public relations industry and create new opportunities for people of diverse backgrounds. We're excited to support the work of the PRSA Foundation and hopefully open new paths for individuals to enter the field of public relations and advance into leadership roles. I want to thank the team at Mission North for their leadership and for bringing multiple agencies together in this effort. We all collectively share responsibility for advancing our industry and taking concrete steps towards providing economic incentives to increase and foster diversity, equity and belonging in PR disciplines," said Brett Weiner, Partner, LaunchSquad.
Judges will be looking for applicants who meet the following criteria:
- A registered full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university.
- A rising junior or senior, if enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- BIPOC identified.
- Pursuing a major in journalism, public relations, marketing & communications, digital marketing & design, political science, English, creative writing, professional writing, or other majors focused on research and writing.
- Displays critical thinking, strong verbal and written communication, creative problem
solving, a passion for consuming the news and following media trends and the ability to
- Technologically equipped for the fellowship and have their own laptop.
- Authorized to work in the United States, have a state-issued ID and second form of identification for hourly work.
- Preference will be given to PRSSA members.
- The completed online application form.
- A resume
- A personal statement of up to 250 words on: What are your goals in this fellowship, what do you hope to learn and what excites you about the PR industry?
This scholarship is funded by LaunchSquad.
Applications Open: January 31, 2023
Application Deadline: March 17, 2023