Eva Irving Student PRSSA International Conference Grant
In honor of the late Eva Irving, a distinguished public relations professional and the first female president of the PRSA San Diego/Imperial Counties Chapter, a fund was created as a legacy to her contribution to the community.
The Eva Irving Student PRSSA International Conference Grant will support college students in San Diego and Imperial Counties who are underrepresented in the communications industry, currently majoring in and/or planning to pursue careers in public relations, marketing, communications, social media or related fields to attend the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) International Conference. Note, it is not required for the applicant to be an active PRSSA member.
This grant will support conference registration, for up to $335, to attend the PRSSA International Conference in Grapevine, Texas, Nov. 13-15, 2022, either virtually or in-person. The grant will be used to offset expenses associated with conference registration.
At the PRSSA International Conference, the grant awardees will have the unique opportunity to walk among those who are leading the charge in the communications industry. PRSSA is about making connections and determining a career path within the industry. The Conference programming provides grant awardees with numerous opportunities to interact with each other and build professional relationships by attending sessions and networking. Awardees will also be able to attend the PRSA International Conference general sessions.
- Up to two San Diego or Imperial Counties college students who are underrepresented in the communications industry, currently majoring in and/or planning to pursue careers in public relations, marketing, communications, social media or related fields.
- Must be majoring in public relations, journalism, communications or related fields.
- Not required to be a current PRSSA member to apply or attend.
To Apply, Candidates Must Submit:
Acceptable file types: PDF, DOC, DOCX
Please submit all materials by August 29, 2022 to
April Green at email@example.com. Make sure all materials are thoroughly proofread and error free.
- Typed, double-spaced essay of no more than 250 words on why it would be beneficial for you as the nominee to attend this Conference. Please explain how the industry will benefit from the inclusion of more professionals such as yourself.
- Grant recipients will be asked to submit a headshot and share their experience at the Conference for the PRSA San Diego/Imperial Counties social media accounts, newsletter and website.