Do you love public relations? Are you a great writer? Do you have stellar social media skills? What about a knack for research and strategic planning? Do you like nonprofits? Are you committed to diversity and inclusion?
The Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Foundation is looking for 1-2 motivated, enthusiastic interns to learn the ropes of our organization and work on campaign/content development for our brand awareness and fundraising outreach.
All internships are paid and require a commitment of 20-30 hours a month. We are flexible and will work with you to create a schedule.
Day-to-day tasks will include:
- Conducting project research; complete one major research project related to diversity and inclusion.
- Managing content development and distribution via social media; updating website, blog and social media channels
- Planning and executing virtual events
- Support fundraising projects involving writing, editing, researching and reporting
- Assist with writing media materials and other communication projects
- Support the PRSA Foundation board and committees, and any PRSA staff members working on Foundation initiatives.
- Able to successfully work in a fully remote environment
- Excellent writing and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to multi-task and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Solid grasp of key computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint), cloud-based software (Dropbox and Drive), design tools (Canva) and social media platforms & management tools
- Junior or senior, or a recent graduate, seeking a degree in public relations, journalism, communications, marketing or a related field
- Previous intern experience is a plus
- Involvement with PRSSA
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and two writing samples to Dr. Aerial Ellis at email@example.com.
This internship position runs from January – July 2022.
Application Deadline: December 17, 2021