PRSA Georgia Multicultural PRism Scholarship
Award: One award for $1,000.
Established in 2019 by PRSA’s Georgia chapter, the PRSA Georgia Multicultural PRism Scholarship assists and recognizes undergraduate and graduate students for their commitment to the practice of public relations.
Through the selection process, applicants will be evaluated and selected based on the following criteria. To be considered you must submit a complete application, together with all supporting documentation, by the deadline and:
1. Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university in the State of Georgia for the term for which the scholarship is awarded.
2. Pursue a course of study in the public relations or communications-related disciplines, with a demonstrated or planned career interest in the public relations and communications profession. Preference will be given to those studying a major or minor in public relations, or if your institution does not offer a public relations degree or program, then in a communications degree program (e.g., journalism or mass communications).
3. Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
4. Have achieved a minimum overall 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale, and not be on any form of academic probation, suspension, or reprimand.
5. Self-identify as a member of a historically disadvantaged or demographically underrepresented minority group.
- Commitment to public relations, particularly as expressed in the candidate’s statement and/or essay/video submission.
- Writing skills as demonstrated throughout the application.
- Letters of recommendation are encouraged, but not required.
- A current academic transcript.
- A typed, double-spaced 500 word essay or 2-minute video on the following topic: What do you believe are the most effective ways communicators can reach your generation, build brand loyalty and trust? Why might this be important for organizations to consider?
- A brief letter of recommendation from a PRSA member or an individual associated with the public relations profession (corporate, agency, government, non-profit) or higher education. Letters of recommendation are encouraged, but not required.
- Additional letters of recommendation can be provided.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023